American Express Launches Powerful One-Stop
Travel and Entertainment Resource
New "Super Hub" Integrates Wide Variety
of Outstanding Online Tools for Planning and Booking Both Travel
and Entertainment "
NEW YORK, NY &SHY; (INB) -- American Express
Company today unveiled a new section of http://www.americanexpress.com/travel
where consumers can research, book and buy travel and entertainment
from a single, easy-to-use web location. The site merges the experience,
buying clout and the service network of one of the world's largest
travel agencies with the power and relationships of the leading travel
and entertainment card issuer.
Among the site's distinctive benefits:
- The new hub lets visitors combine researching and booking travel
with planning and buying entertainment...at one website. Up-to-date
background about destinations, theater and movie options, and
restaurants around the world is included along with easy booking
of travel and entertainment.
is a one-stop resource for a wide range of travel and entertainment
content providers and planning tools from such respected partners
as Fodor's, Zagat Survey, Travel & Leisure, MapQuest, Playbill,
IPIX, Ticketmaster, citysearch.com and MovieFone, all accessible
on the section's home page.
- This array of research and planning tools is integrated with
an advanced, online booking engine, GetThere.com, enabling efficient
booking of both travel and entertainment within
- Listed under "New This Week" and "Last-Minute Travel Bargains,"
all visitors can view information about continually changing tour,
cruise and vacation package specials, developed and offered by
American Express Travel. Most are backed by a best-price guarantee.
The site also includes a wide range of airline, hotel, car rental,
dining and shopping specials exclusively for American Express
- In contrast to other travel sites, americanexpress.com/travel
is backed offline by the advice of some of the world's most knowledgeable
and experienced travel counselors. Visitors can e-mail or call
an American Express travel specialist; while on the road, travelers
enjoy the away-from-home security of the American Express worldwide
network of more than 1,700 travel and foreign exchange services
locations in more than 130 countries.
Total Travel and Entertainment Solution: "Destination at a Glance."
In addition to accessing the entertainment and dining partners
assembled by American Express, visitors to www.americanexpress.com/travel
- View and download customized Fodor's city miniguides and maps
- Take a virtual tour of hotels
- Read recent articles from Travel & Leisure
- View current special American Express values in the destination
- Obtain local weather forecasts, maps showing American Express
Travel Services locations, currency and clothing-size conversions
- Verify visa requirements and link to the U.S. State Department
for travel advisories
- Under "Dining and Entertainment," read reviews of plays and
Express Travel Section